Friday 28 July 2017

The Light - I see it....

...but I just can't touch it!!!

I must have annoyed some minor deity because the Cosmos is playing with me - I sent off my updated documents last Saturday, 1st class. When does it get to the DVLA? Wednesday!! First class?! A carrier pigeon would have been quicker...

But I called the DVLA today and good and bad news. The good news? It's done - I have a registration - woohooo...

Bad news? They've given me a Q plate! And they only posted the V5 today, so could be middle of next week before I get it and can get some plates made up!!!! (Yes, I can get them done online but not much quicker).

This is the MOST frustrating part of the whole build!!

(sorry for all the exclamation marks - I'm calmer now....)

I don't mind too much about the Q plate apart from the fact I did want to get a personalised plate at some point. However, I'm told I can send the V5 back (after I get the plates done, obviously), send another letter from GBS to confirm the parts were all new, wait another 4 weeks and then get a current age plate, hopefully.

It seems I was too honest on my V267 form and I wrote that the parts were 'refurbished' rather than writing 'new', which is what GBS do.

Not long now...patience, patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment