Friday 28 August 2015

Lines of thought

I was getting a bit panicky about how many jobs there were that I'd  started but couldn't finish - handbrake,  pedals,  master cylinder etc. 

But after some thought,  this is the plan of attack:

1. Fit driveshafts (now painted but need new boots fitting). 
2. Fit rear hubs. 
3. Rear brake discs and calipers. 
4. Fit handbrake cable to caliper. 
4. Brake lines from 4-way unit above diff to calipers (copper to braided). 
5. Brake line from master cylinder to 4-way unit. 

Started by fitting a rivnut for the 4-way unit:


More difficult than it sounds - the hole is too big really and I destroyed 4 rivnuts before cunning use of a soldering iron got the job done. 


As I plan to start on brake line routing,  I thought I'd better check where the steering column goes:


Raised a few concerns about proximity of brake pedal to column and if I've done the 'grommet from Hell' properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment