Wednesday 5 October 2016

Spic and span

I ordered thread lock from someone on eBay where the advert said 'UK stock' and 3 days delivery - checked it today and it says at least another 10 days for delivery! Turns out it's coming from China...I've reported him to eBay and ordered more from elsewhere... 

Forgot to mention last time that I moved the car about 6 inches to one side,  so I could get to the offside more easily. Scary job - car balanced on the jack at the rear and I found the car is now too heavy for me to lift at the front,  not even the few mm needed to allow the move.  I had to make use of my  car jack to lift the front and then pull it sideways. 

With no thread lock,  I couldn't tighten up the rear calipers and test the brakes,  so I decided to concentrate on tidying up bits and pieces in preparation for rolling the car out the garage. 

First off,  I decided to move the ECU from the special bracket I made a few months ago to be on the firewall. I've decided I'm not going to install a heater in the future so I don't need to leave space on the firewall for it. 
 
I've put a thin layer of foam and some rubber mat between the firewall and ECU for some heat and vibration protection (no idea if that is needed but can't do any harm).

Fitted the steering column shaft and tidied up the engine loom,  alternator wire and HP fuel line by cable-tieing (is that a word?) them to the brake line. I'll check with GBS that it is OK to have those 3 tied together. I also need to check if I'll need to trim down the bolt on the steering shaft:


It's not close to anything but just looks a tad long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment