Saturday 29 October 2016

Finally, a car shape

Lucky you -  2 posts in one day...

I hadn't planned to even go into the garage today but I somehow managed to squeeze in what I thought would be a quick session to start on the nose cone

Several other blogs seem to have had issues with their nose cone so I was a little concerned but it turned out to be much easier than I expected. First was some rivnuts in the top chassis brackets:


The nose needed a little bit of the flange trimmed off to allow it to fit over the outside of those brackets.  Then 2 holes underneath in the lower chassis rail with rivnuts,  a little jiggery-pokery with the holes in the nose cone and voila:



As I still seemed to have some (stolen)  time left,  I thought I'd try fit the scuttle. Again,  this was something that seemed a bit daunting but unless I've done something wrong,  it was very simple. Maybe this was because I already had the correct shape formed but all I had to do was bolt it in place and tighten the bolts gradually. It tightened down perfectly:


Finally, something I've wanted to do for ages - fit the steering wheel. A few simple bolts and done - placed the dash roughly in place for the full effect:


So I finally have something that looks far more car-shaped which should please my son who keeps complaining that it doesn't look like anything!



No comments:

Post a Comment