Monday 4 April 2022

Hotting up

 Missed me, fans? Sorry, been out on a few runs but nothing exciting enough to tell you about...

What I have done is hopefully fixed my temp gauge - it's not been working for a while and it seemed to be the sensor because when I took the old one out and tested it with a multimeter, the readings were all over the place. So I ordered a generic one which looked physically similar but that didn't work either. It showed 1900 ohms at room temperature and 300 ohms at 90 degC, which i assumed was OK - obviously not. 

I finally got round to buying a proper Smiths sensor and it ranges from 520 ohms down to 90, which, after searching online, is the correct range for the Smiths temp gauge.

Not tested yet but I'm sure it will work... 

More to worry about - I seem to be losing coolant a bit more than normal. I've always lost a little from the top of the thermostat because I drilled a hole in it for the main temp sensor but I seem to be losing more now and, worryingly, there is a little pool of coolant along the bottom of the radiator. I may have a leak there... I'll keep an eye on it.

Six weeks until a week-long trip to Derbyshire with the SKCC Rogues - really looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment