Friday 15 April 2022

The power of tough love

 It's like Zedster read my last entry and decided to buck up his ideas - a brief run out today in glorious sunshine and my voltmeter was back up to 13.8v, no idea why.

Also, on my return, I found the source of the coolant leak; a knackered jubilee clip that holds the pipe on one side of the adaptor that my non-functioning temp sensor sits in. Is the leak the cause of the sensor not working properly? Ordered a new clip and we'll see how that goes... 

I've finally booked a rolling road session with John Lamsley, the guy who used to work for Emerald. I don't really want to do a RR session because I've read of too many people who's cars didn't survive the experience unscathed but I need the cold idle fixed and the hesitancy at high revs. I'll let you know how it goes... 

Finally today, I mentioned that Zedster feels faster since the new throttle pedal? Well, I found a straight bit of road and made use of my speedos built-in 0-60 timer. Last time I did this, I managed 7.2s on a slightly damp road. Today, a much more respectable 6.2s which makes me feel better (sad, I know but speed is GOOD). For reference, my sons I30N does it in 4.9s!

So, Zedster life is a bit rosier... 

No comments:

Post a Comment