Tuesday 12 September 2017

We've got a bleeder!

Aarrrgghh,  got a leak of... er... something. Worryingly,  it looks like it might be from the sump but,  strangely,  it seems to be pink,  which is the colour of my coolant. However, I can't seem to find where it's leaking from the cooling system and the level isn't going down in the header tank.

I'll keep an eye on it - no knee jerk remedial work until I've identified the source.

I hope it wasn't from my trip on Sunday with the SKCC forum. A 10 hour,  325 mile day out to Haynes car museum in Somerset,  with a detour to Cheddar Gorge.




A great day and I was particularly proud of the fact that my car didn't break down  or fall apart (until today!).

For the first time,  I had to drive in the rain. Having no roof was actually not a problem as long as I didn't have enough to stop. However,  my wipers not working was a problem - very difficult to see.

Finished the other wind deflector:


Will test them out next time I get out (leak permitting).

Pleasantly surprised by the damper settings on the Gaz shocks as they actually make a difference. I turned it up to one click off maximum which stopped the suspension hitting it's limit but made the ride teeth-clatteringly hard. I've dialled it back a couple of clicks and hopefully that will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment