Friday 11 March 2016

Trial of Hercules

Probably the most frustrating evening yet in my garage,  just trying to fit the front suspension.

Having said the side panel was a good fit,  I may have put it 10mm too far forward as I had to file that much out of the panel to get the top right wishbone end in.

I had previously loosely put the front suspension together but it was proving too difficult to try fitting washers with the weight of the hub like that,  so I had to virtually dismantle it.

Once in pieces,  getting the washers between bushes and chassis was a nightmare; less access with the panels and other parts in and the mounting points are much more restricted anyway.

Two hours of mostly swearing and it's on but not even torqued up - and I've still got the other side to do. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment