Monday 14 September 2020

Feeling the pressure

 So time to try sort out my hot-start problems. Online research suggested fuel starvation is the most likely problem and the most likely cause of that is simply clogged up fuel filters.

I recently added a filter in the HP circuit and it is supposedly cleanable so I took it apart. It looked OK and I couldn't seem to get the filter part any cleaner just using washing-up liquid. Luckily, I had a spare filter (actually, it was a mistaken order), so I just took the filter section out of that and the old one does look quite bad:


...but I don't know if that is 'clogged' or just age.

I was going to go on a test drive to try it out but I thought I'd have a look at my throttle cable first - on my last drive, I'd had the Emerald datalogger running and I was again getting a maximum of 70% throttle only. Looking at the horrendous botch job I did last time (see, it seemed good at the time but, with less biased eyes, it's not), I'm going to have to work out a better solution. I'm not good at 'thinking outside the box', so I've put a post on a forum to see if anyone has any bright ideas.

Needs to be sorted by Friday for the Wales trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment