Monday 22 May 2023

Sun Run

 With lovely weather forecast, went on a rare (for me) early morning run with the SKCC.

We met up at Buck Barns services:



My son tagged along in his recently de-catted (well, 2 of the 4 cats removed so still MOT legal, he is promised) C63 AMG which now sounds like even more thunder (c. 530bhp now!!), especially when starting up at 6am!! The noise from his car was greatly appreciated by the others over the morning as we hooned around Sussex for 70 miles on some awesome roads, with sunshine and very little traffic - a great morning run and well worth the early start.

Breakfast at Sumner Ponds was lovely, sat in the sun, chewing the fat (literally and metaphorically). 

I found out that our France trip starts on the same day as Le Mans (June 10th) and we go right past the track on that day! I'm actually going to change the route to detour round it - I imagine the traffic will be horrendous and half the French mobile speed cameras will be out in that area.

Planning for France is now in full swing - some of the hotels have taken my money, so no cancellations now. I've tweaked the routes (and will have to do more for Le Mans now) and Zedster is, I think, ready to go. My son has bought a radio so we can talk on the move but he says he can't hear me very well, so I may need to get a bigger aerial or add in that storage unit between the seats I've been talking about for years.

My dilemma is whether to go to the National Kit Car show on June 3rd, the weekend before - I don't want to risk anything breaking before France. I have now retired from magazine editor of the Rhocar club, so less pressure to go but I do enjoy the show. Hmmmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment