Saturday 6 May 2023

Light the fuse

 So finally got round to investigating the starter circuit problems; dashboard off, multimeter out and 0V to the aux panel, hence why my USB, horn and other buttons had stopped working. It wasn't clear why that affected my starter until I remembered my starter button got its 12v from the same source as the aux panel.

Starting with the basics, checked the fuses and voila:

My kingdom for a fuse....I'd checked a few obvious fuses on the day of my breakdown but not the 'aux panel' fuse.

To try not miss a blown fuse again, I've bought a load of LED fuses which light up if the fuse blows and replaced all of them - see how that goes.

Also had to replace my broken wiper - simple job, huh? Oh no...a few years ago, on a very wet day in France, both my wipers had gone all loose and almost flew off. So I had used thread lock on the screws...wowsers, didn't know how strong that stuff was! Could I unscrew the wiper arm? Nope...

In the end, I had to drill right through the screw and then use a screw removal drill bit (has a reverse thread) to get the darn thing off.

So, on coronation day I've CROWNED a successful garage session with a windscreen SCEPTRE...(jees, that's bad, sorry)


No comments:

Post a Comment