Sunday 11 September 2022

Walton Meet

 I finally managed to make a trip to the Walton-on-Thames meet that occurs every 2 or 3 months. Lovely sunny day and took my brother for his first drive in my car and an enjoyable meet with a reasonable range of cars:


Steam-powered 1910 classic (a Taylor or something like that) - sounded exactly like a steam engine, weird! 




I always though an RS200 was quite rare but there were 3 of them here. 




A nice cafe and right on the river, so a pretty location. 

Another milestone, the first time someone else has driven Zedster - terrifying! My brother drove for a few miles and it was horrible; I'm just a useless passenger and I kept grabbing the steering wheel every time he vaguely headed towards the pavement and panicking when he went over 30mph.

We made it back in one piece, though, so all good and all ready for the SKCC Wales trip on Thursday evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment