Monday 5 September 2022

My kingdom for a bulb

 Zedster went in for an MOT today and failed because of a broken number plate bulb! I mean, Jees, really? He also failed it for the headlight aim being too high (it was the same last year but he let me off as it was the only issue).

A quick trawl through my spare parts bin and I found a couple of LED pads I got as part of a £3 eBay purchase. Wired those in and now my number plate light is brighter than my main units! Well, almost...

Fifteen minutes with a spanner and I've lowered the front headlight units angle. Retest booked for tomorrow and I'll take the spanner so I can adjust them again on the spot, if needed. 

But an amazing discovery on my first drive post-gearshift fix; the gear lever has hardly any vibration in it. The new rubber washers are working amazingly - I just hope they don't fall apart in a few weeks... If they don't, I'm tempted to tell GBS to update their build advice when fitting the quickshift to use rubber washers - could save others having the same problem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment