Sunday 1 May 2022

Show Time

 Continuing a busy spring, today was the Stoneleigh kit car show.

I met up with some of the SKCC at a meeting point 5 minutes from home (for a change) :

Lovely to have Zedster start and idle immediately following yesterday's rolling road session and we had a reasonable run up to breakfast at Reg's cafe in Banbury. I say 'reasonable' only because the first 40 miles were motorway and busy Home Counties roads. It always takes a while to get to some clearer roads when driving north. 

The final thrash to Stoneleigh was fun (despite a smattering of rain) and we arrived around noon. I then had to betray SKCC and join the RHOCAR club on their pitch, as I'm a committee member and they do their AGM at Stoneleigh every year.

My son had also driven up with me again (he does enjoy the drive) and we had a wander round the show. Much like last year, there was only a hall and a half in use and, unfortunately, the dreary weather meant there were fewer club cars on the outside fields. Weirdly, someone on the Cobra stand which normally has 50 or so cars but only had 15 today, told me that some of their members were put off by the £5 entry fee! You pay £30k+ for your car and then don't want to spend a fiver?! I think it was more the risk of getting their show queen's wet and dirty... 

Ironically, there seemed to be more of the general public than last year - shame they didn't get too much for their £15 entry fee. 

I managed to buy and fit a new radiator fan (which provided much mirth from club members telling me what I was doing wrong) but, annoyingly, I confirmed that I do have a tiny leak in the radiator so I'll need to order a new one before my trip in a few weeks. 

Some pics from the show:











At the AGM, I was re-elected as magazine editor, a job which is getting quite hard work and I may retire from next year. 

I had to leave shortly after although it would have been nice to stay - it was warming up to be a good party but I needed to spend some time with my wife. 

An enjoyable trip back capped a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment