Wednesday 11 May 2022

Let's get Radical

So when changing my broken fan, I noticed a leak from the radiator - time for a new one. I ordered it from Coolex for £140, only slightly more than the crap original I got from GBS:

Zedster looks a bit naked like this... 

So, initially this all seemed too easy - the rad fitted straight onto the existing bracket with only extra long bolts needed:



But when I tried to refit the nose, it wouldn't. The new rad is only a little thicker than the old one but the flanges are on the engine side, unlike the old one, so it now sits a good 2 inches further forward.

Not sure if I've done this right but I used some brute force to bend the chassis brackets out a bit, pushed the rad behind it, drilled extra holes in those brackets and we're back in business:


While the nose was off, I updated the front grille to put a nice mesh instead of the fence-like original:


Almost looks like there is nothing there... 

I still need to go for a run and check I don't have airlocks but looking OK so far and ready for my week-long trip to Central England (need to check the routes, not even sure where we're going) in 2 weeks time - woohooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment