Saturday 4 July 2020

Electrickery part 347

So took some time today to, hopefully, fix my TPS wiring. As I thought, I had used crimped spade terminals originally and as soon as I took the loom tape off, one of them pulled out immediately with no effort - not good. Another one was similar...

So out with the trusty soldering iron and it looks much better (I have taped it up further, so the 'after' pic isn't strictly accurate):

Before                                                 After



A short drive proved at least I hadn't made things worse but I need a longer drive to see if I have actually improved anything.

Currently, my Alps trip is going ahead but it may be very short - I love Zedster but reliability is not his forte. But this is partly what I built him for - tootling around Surrey is fun but I want adventure, man! I want to be like those early car pioneers, who took their rickety bucket of bolts on European trips, rebuilding their cars as they went - ok, I'd rather NOT do the rebuilding but you know what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment