Thursday 23 July 2020

Alps 2020 - Day 5

Glorious weather all day today, with an amazing run starting a few miles from our gite, up to the small town of Beaufort. At the top was a beautiful lake,  one of several we'd see today - a great place for an early coffee stop:



Next was a run up to Val d'Isere and the highest pass of the trip, the Col d'Iserian at 9,100 feet:



The next 100 odd miles was more of the same; bumpier roads than the Swiss passes but a bit quieter and a real workout for the arms.

I was quite surprised how few nutters we met - most other traffic were locals or tourists in family cars. One guy in an Elise wanted to go faster but his wife in the passenger seat obviously kept him under control. There were a group of Porsches we caught up with who briefly provided some fun and then we passed a couple of bikers by the side of the road - they caught up with us shortly after and I did my best but,  man, they were quick. I let them past as i was slowing them down but it was damn fun trying...


The last 30 miles of the day were a gentle cruise in lovely evening sun (with McDonald's for tea - classy) - I was just too knackered for any more.

Sadly, tomorrow I head for home although I'll try fit in something interesting on the way to Nancy for an overnight stop.

Video for today:


Map of today's route:



No comments:

Post a Comment