Sunday 14 January 2018

Striptease

I had an early start to meet up with a group from the SKCC forum and had a great 80 mile run on some lovely roads. With a couple of V8 powered kits, these runs always push my performance envelope and they can be... er... interesting.

None more so than when, 5 miles before the end of the route and on a particularly fast straight, my front wheel arch decided it was all too much and ejected:


Fortunately, it didn't hit either of the 2 guys behind me and I was able to stop and get the wing out of a ditch. It's got a major grazed section (hopefully repairable) and I'll also need a new indictator as that got ripped off.

When I put these on, I thought I was being over-zealous with the amount of gunk and adding the mesh - seems I wasn't cautious enough. I'm going to have to ask around to see if there is a better attachment method.

No comments:

Post a Comment