Monday, 17 April 2017

Mirror, mirror on the scuttle

Despite having a nice,  long Easter break,  I had to do family stuff so only managed a brief garage session this evening.

I wanted to try put the side mirrors in the existing windscreen bracket holes but the mirror stalks won't work at that angle,  so I've had to drill new holes in the scuttle higher up,  on the curve. I added a small square of ally behind the scuttle to try provide extra support for the mirror,  an extra penny washer and I replaced the small nut that comes with the mirror for a nylock:


Seems pretty sturdy :


IVA application almost ready to go,  just waiting for a couple of invoice copies from GBS and I should hopefully get my seats sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment