Tuesday 11 April 2017

Feeling horny

Fortunately,  the main beam flash problem was just a blown fuse and the horn was simply the fact that it only works when the ignition is on full - it doesn't work on ACC despite everything else being able to. Took me 3 sessions to work this out though...!

So finally got to tighten up the dash and fit the aux panel for the,  hopefully,  last time. Also removed plastic off the scuttle and fitted the edge trim - looks quite good apart from the painfully ugly column shroud - that has got to go one day soon:


I'd also like to thank the God's of Hindsight for ensuring I did NOT choose stainless steel panels for the car. I bought a couple of trim pieces for the cockpit edge which are stainless steel and, man,  are they a pain to trim! It took me an hour per.  piece,  using a Dremel and hacksaw.  When I think of how many times I've trimmed the ally panels...




1 comment:

  1. The stainless side panels were the only panels on the whole car I don't think I had to trim, they were perfect. Why they all cant be like that I don't know!! It's a lot harder than ally though, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete