Friday 16 April 2021

Procrastination is a bad thing

 So the new fuel regulator arrived, popped it on and...no damn difference. Wonderful...strictly, I should replace the HP pump now but that sounds fine and I can see its got good pressure (clear filter was empty after replaced the regulator, filled up instantly when HP pump came on). 

The time has come to face the facts; my wiring skills have always been crap and almost the last part of my car that has NOT been rewired are the injectors. A long time ago, I bought an OEM fuel injector loom and used that to wire the injectors. This was early in my build when I was even more inept than I am now and I've always worried they would come back to haunt me. Added to this, there is a recent post on a forum of someone having the same problems as me and he has solved it by rewiring the injector plugs.

So, I need to bite the bullet and try this. A simple first test is just to check the injector resistance - maybe one of my injectors is dead? Although I'd expect more severe symptoms if that was the case....

More fun and games, just as the weather is improving and lockdown is almost over.


No comments:

Post a Comment