Sunday 25 April 2021

More driving, less fixing

 So I took the injector loom off - the injectors themselves checked out fine. I took the plastic injector plug case off:


and after unwrapping the loom tape, none of the wires dropped out of the the butt connectors, which is what normally happens when I usually unwrap my wiring. I did a continuity check of the earth's to each plug and they were fine, as were the common signal wires. But I couldn't easily test the signals from the ECU.

I really didn't want to redo all the wires - that really needs to go back to the ECU plug, remove numerous panels to get to the loom, unwrap it all and then rewire it, having to reverse engineer it etc. That could take weeks at the pace I work, with no guarantee it would be any better.

So I just put it all back together and went for a drive... I've decided to be like an ostrich for now and just suffer the difficult starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment