Saturday 27 February 2021

Finally defrosting

 Sorry for the lack of posts - it's been so darn cold, I haven't been out to the garage much. But the weather finally improved recently...

So my electrical issues are maybe gone but I doubt it - however, Zedster is starting OK at the moment. But after a short drive, he wasn't idling very well; very lumpy. Connected up the laptop and it seems my lambda sensor is kaput - constant 5v being sent by the controller.

An email exchange with the Spartan controller company and they blame the sensor rather than the controller, which is probably more likely. So, a quick few minutes to remove the sensor:


That's what it looks like after 3 years and 10k miles - no idea if that is normal? New one on order and hopefully ready for a drive in the improving weather. 

In theory, our Alps trip on June 5th could go ahead, if the French come out of lockdown in the same way as the UK but I'm not holding my breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment