Sunday 14 June 2020

In, out, shake it all about

IN - Great run out today.
OUT - My misfire is back!!!

Had another 6am start for a run with the SKCC club and it was a doozer...about 20 cars turned up at the start point in Edenbridge, 8 of them Elise's. There were 2 different runs that had been arranged separately - the Elise's and a couple of kits went off one way, we went the other.



A great run, much less bumpy than last week, some great roads, not too much traffic. I was near the back, right behind a snorting Caterham 620R which kept flying off and I could only just keep in sight but HUGE fun. The advantage of following someone faster than you is you realise how much quicker you can go, in particular, how quick Zedster will go round corners.

I was having great fun until about an hour in and my misfire reared it's ugly head again. I stopped to try fix it, assuming it was the same coil plug problem I had last time. The plug did seem to be not seated right and after pushing it back in, it was ok for a while but it must have worked loose again as the misfire returned for the rest of the run and my journey home.

The endpoint of the run was a fisheries (Hawkhurst?) - also there was another Lotus 7s car club, so there were about 20 kits in total - and 6 or 7 Porsche 911s turned up shortly after us - a petrolheads delight:



My trip back was marred by the misfire, although there were a few brief moments of smooth fun.

I think the problem is that the wire to the coil plug is only just long enough - it needs some slack to stop the vibrations loosening the plug. I'm going to work on that...

Sadly, my Alps trip this year is definitely off - my German benefactor is actually Australian and because Australia won't let anyone into Australia, no-one in Europe will let an Australian into their country. Its amazing that governments can be so childish but there ya go...will just have to wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment