Saturday 10 July 2021

Goodwood once more

 Thankfully, Goodwood went ahead as a test event - and it was as awesome as ever.

It was absolutely heaving, as always but the biggest difference were the electric cars; there were more electric cars than ICE! The EV designs are lovely and they are so fast BUT I just can't get excited about them. The lack of noise just makes them so dull - fine for daily drivers to go shopping but nothing to excite the soul.

I watched a couple of beautiful Porsche EVs whoosh up the hill and they were very impressive but it was the rip-snorting Lambos and NASCARs that made me (and everyone else) smile as you felt the thunder from their stupidly noisy exhausts vibrate in your chest and the unburnt petrol clogged your nostrils.

Thankfully, I will probably always be able to have an ICE car for the rest of my driving life - I honestly feel sorry for future generations who may never experience that V8 roar of a Maserati Quattroporte (one of my lottery-win cars).

Some highlights of the day:

A 7L V8, 1950s NASCAR - jees, it was loud:




Pagani Hyeru (or something, can't spell it) - one of the few cars that looks better on the inside:

Lola T70 - another ear-splitter:

Dubious colour scheme #213:




This is what it sounds like to be 6 inches from a NASCAR:



All in all, another great day and I'm going to try go every year from now on, to fight against the dying of the ICE. You should to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment