Friday 9 October 2020

Un-tangle the Snakes - part II

 The camera I bought has a front and rear camera but, unlike my bike version, the 2 cameras look the same and the wonderful Chinese-English translation in the manual neglects to help in suggesting which is which (the front camera is higher resolution). So I took a punt on it and, guess what? Yup, 50/50 chance and I got it wrong! So I'll need a few minutes to swap them round - lucky I tried the thing before fully installing it.

So this is the snakes nest I'm trying to tidy up:


First job is to label everything before I take it all apart. I've drafted up a rough idea of where the wiring currently goes and how I'll need to wire the DT plug - I have 9 inputs, so I'll use the 12-pin plug.

Next stage is to work out an efficient wiring diagram, without the 4 separate positive wires I currently have, for example.


No comments:

Post a Comment