Tuesday 6 August 2019

Treasure map

So my misfire still exists and engine starting is  still pants.

With Emeralds help (they sent me a separate user guide for the datalogger - why isn't it in their manual?), I fired up the datalogger on my ECU and recorded stuff. It meant nothing to me, so I sent it back to them to see if they could suggest anything.

Their response was to send me a new map with injector changes to try fix the start-up and they suggested the misfire problem may be the crank sensor plug. Well, I'm guessing that's what they mean - they said the trace seemed to suggest the ECU was losing the RPM signal and I think that comes from the crank sensor. Anyhoo, they have suggested re-doing the trace with different parameters recorded - I hadn't realised you could choose other parameters (like RPM - doh!).

So that is next on the list, although I'm off on holiday at the end of the week, so I may not get time before that.

A quick shout-out to Dan on the RHOCaR forum - he seems to also know hist stuff on Emerald ECUs as he suggested very similar stuff to what Emerald had (excuse the grammar there).


No comments:

Post a Comment